How to Call Recording on the Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro
Call recording isn’t something many human beings use however it is something many people additionally keep in mind quite essential. I know a few such people so i understand how important it is to them. one of the many uses may be to just file a call to jot down notes later. There are obviously other uses as nicely that is why recording calls without the consent of the opposite player(s) is unlawful in many parts of the world. You’d have to check with your lawyer about that. What we will show you is the way to permit call recording on the Huawei Mate 10 seasoned.
XDA Senior Member badmania98 certainly got here up with the manner and it does require your Huawei Mate 10 pro to be rooted. in case you have yet to root it, we might be capable of help. we have an in depth manual on how to root the Huawei Mate 10 seasoned as well as the Mate 10 and Mate 10 Lite. It’s clearly a pretty simple technique if you’ve done moved files round into the basis garage of your tool before. if you haven’t, it’s miles still simple, however you’ll just need a detailed guide so that you don’t miss whatever. luckily for you, it’s proper below.
- Your Huawei Mate 10 Pro must be rooted as mentioned.
- You’ll need a file explorer which can handle root operations. Here are some suggestions if you need: Solid Explorer File Manager, File Explorer, ES File Explorer Pro, FX File Explorer, etc.
Enable Call recording on Huawei Mate 10 Pro
- Download the zip file linked above and extract it. You’ll now have a folder named HwCallRecorder.
- Copy or move this folder to your Mate 10 Pro if you used another device to download and extract it.
- Launch your favorite file explorer which can perform root operations and copy or cut the HwCallRecorder folder.
- Navigate to the /system/app/ folder and paste the HwCallRecorder folder here.
- Long press on the folder and select Properties. Most file managers will allow you to modify the permissions here but the method might be different for yours. We’ll be using ES File Explorer/Pro here for example. Tap on the Change permissions button and it’ll let you change them.
- Set the permissions for the HwCallRecorder folder as rwxr-xr-x. Use the screenshots below for reference.
- Inside the HwCallRecorder folder, make sure the permissions for the files and folders are as follows.
- HwCallRecorder/HwCallRecorder.apk – rw-r–r–
- HwCallRecorder/oat – rwxr-xr-x
- HwCallRecorder/oat/arm64 – rwxr-xr-x
- HwCallRecorder/oat/arm64/HwCallRecorder.odex – rw-r–r–
- HwCallRecorder/oat/arm64/HwCallRecorder.vdex – rw-r–r–
- Once you’ve checked the permissions, you can close the app.
- While badmania98 does not explicitly state it, you might need to reboot your device now for the changes to take effect.
- When you launch the Huawei Phone app again, tap on the three-dot menu button at the bottom right and select Settings.
- From here, access the option called Automatic call recording and enable it.
- Next, tap on Automatic recording settings and select All calls.
- Recorded calls can be accessed via the three-dot menu button in the Huawei Phone app.