FACEBOOK MISSION STATEMENT is “To give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.”
Anyone not knowing Facebook might still be living in the caves, there’s more to show on Facebook than to talk about it. Facebook is an American online social media and essentially a platform where people get to share their emotions, art, photos in the form of post and stories. It is based in Menio park, California founded by Mr. Mark Zuckerberg. It is the largest online social network in the world and market positions aligns with its mission and vision Statements and choices.
Facebook is a vibrant company whose mission and vision are directly influenced by the core values of the company. Core values in a company are the principles that ensure everything within a firm runs according to set standards. Facebook emphasizes on being bold, building social value and being impactful among other values. With these principles, the company has managed to not only keep its business afloat but also take it to a top level.
Facebook Inc is consistently at the top is the result of their timely acquisition of the contemporary technologies, facilities and services. Facebook is a vibrant and dynamic company whose mission and vision Statement are directly influenced and supported by its core values.
FACEBOOK MISSION STATEMENT
Facebook mission statement is a short concise and to the point statement used by company or organisation to explain its purpose. A companies mission statement also describes it’s values, goals, ethics, fundamentals etc. Facebook’s mission statement is
“To give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.”FACEBOOK MISSION STATEMENT
This mission statement was renewed by Mr. Zuckerberg (CEO) in the midst of the privacy and security leak issue involving Cambridge Analytica and other parties. Facebook’s mission statement shows that Facebook has now changed its focus to making its social networking web site an important part of the community development. The statement can be divided into these distinct points.
- People’s Empowerment
- Connecting the world
- Enabling community building.
Old Facebook mission statement –
“To give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected”.FACEBOOK MISSION STATEMENT
FACEBOOK VISION STATEMENT
Facebook also has an amazing image as an advertiser in the market. Many small businesses and big organization depends on Facebook for their audience requirements. Hence it is very safe to assume Facebook has an profitable profile while charging nothing but time of the people to gain profits.
Vision Statement like mission statement provides a concrete way for stakeholders and employees to understand the long term result of the company’s effort Unlike mission statement which tells the how, what and why of an company or organisation. Facebook’s Corporate vision Statement shows that the company sees itself as an facilitator of communication among its friend and family.
Facebook’s vision statement is
“People use Facebook to stay connected with friends and family, to discover what’s going on in the world, and to share and express what matters to them.”FACEBOOK VISION STATEMENT
- Global markets scope
- Tool for communication
- Tool for discovery
- Tool for self expression.
Facebook core values include “focus on impact, move fast, be bold, be open, and build social value.” Together, these values are instrumental in the way the company leads its operations to reflect a top standard.
Facebook highly values being influential in the positive change in society, and it does this by stimulating its workforce to focus on this outcome. The progressive growth it has recorded are directly related to the emphasis the company lays on the need to not only act fact in implementing its strategies but also being confident and true to the social value demanded by its mission and vision.
- Bart, C. K. (1998). Mission matters. The CPA Journal, 68(8), 56-57.
- Dermol, V. (2012). Relationship between mission statement and company performance. Analele Ştiinţifice ale Universităţii» Alexandru Ioan Cuza «din Iaşi. Ştiinţe economice, 59(1), 325-341.
- Eși, M. C. (2014). The mission statement of the business organisation by reference to the economic market requirements. The USV Annals of Economics and Public Administration, 14(2 (20)), 131-138.
- Facebook – Facebook Business.
- Kaufman, R., Watkins, R., Sims, L., Crispo, N. S., Hall, J. C., & Sprague, D. E. (1997). Cost‐consequences analysis: A case study. Performance Improvement Quarterly, 10(3), 7-21.
- Kaufman, R., Watkins, R., Stith, M., & Triner, D. (1998). The changing corporate mind: Organizations, vision, missions, purposes, and indicators on the move toward societal payoffs. Performance Improvement Quarterly, 11(3), 32-44.
- Kirkpatrick, S. A. (2017). Understanding the Role of Vision, Mission, and Values in the HPT Model. Performance Improvement, 56(3), 6-14.
- Kreutzer, R. T. (2019). Vision, Mission, and Goals. In Toolbox for Marketing and Management (pp. 33-48). Springer, Cham.
- Li, S. T. T., Frohna, J. G., & Bostwick, S. B. (2017). Using your personal mission statement to INSPIRE and achieve success. Academic Pediatrics, 17(2), 107-109.
- Meacham, J. (2008). What’s the Use of a Mission Statement?. Academe, 94(1), 21-24.
- Molloy, P. L. (1998). A review of the Managerial Grid Model of Leadership and its role as a Model of Leadership Culture. Aquarius Consulting, March, 30.
- O’Gorman, C., & Doran, R. (1999). Mission statements in small and medium-sized businesses. Journal of Small Business Management, 37(4), 59.
- S Eric Anderson Ph.D., M. B. A., & Brad Jamison Ph.D., M. B. A. (2015). Do the top US corporations often use the same words in their vision, mission and value statements?. Journal of Marketing and Management, 6(1), 1.
- Sengupta, S., & Sahay, A. (2017). Comparing mission statements of social enterprises and corporate enterprises in the new and renewable energy sector of India: A computer-aided content analysis study. Journal of Global Entrepreneurship Research, 7(1), 21.
- Utz, S., Muscanell, N., & Khalid, C. (2015). Snapchat elicits more jealousy than Facebook: A comparison of Snapchat and Facebook use. Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking, 18(3), 141-146.
- VISION, L., & TODAY’S, S. A. C. R. I. (1996). Demystifying the development of an organizational vision. Sloan management review.