NETFLIX MISSION STATEMENT “We promise our customers stellar service, our suppliers a valuable partner, our investors the prospects of sustained profitable growth, and our employees the allure of huge impact.”
Netflix Inc is an American content platform and production company situated or headquartered at Los Gatos, California. Netflix is an online streaming library of films and television series available worldwide except few countries.
Netflix mission statement is the reason for its exponential growth around the years. And The corporate vision statement ensures the organisational development direction and guide higher performance achievement.
Mission statement is very necessary for entrepreneurs.
NETFLIX MISSION STATEMENT
The mission statement answers four question – what , how, whom, why. Mission statement provides framework for employees with a purpose. Mission statement lays an impact which gives clear and concise declaration about business strategy to customers and greater community.
Netflix mission statement is:
NETFLIX MISSION STATEMENT
“We promise our customers stellar service, our suppliers a valuable partner, our investors the prospects of sustained profitable growth, and our employees the allure of huge impact.”
The statement resounds what the company is best known for – providing best and unparalleled video entertainment. The mission of Netflix can be laid as improving its members experience with streaming and focus on new members without losing the old one and for that according to annual report 2019 Netflix is working hard for enhancing its user interface and have added a download section for offline watchers.
NETFLIX VISION STATEMENT
Vision statement is a short tagline that defines where you want to go. Vision statement gives the future state of the organisation and illustrate a common view of how things should be in future. Vision Statement is generally made with the aim of inspiring the people that are related with the company or getting benefitted by it.
Netflix vision Statement is
“Becoming the best global entertainment distribution service”.NETFLIX VISION STATEMENT
Netflix sets quality bars in the provision of its service every year which guarantee it’s successful achievement of its vision Statement. Netflix aims for being the best and it’s sure that Netflix is not looking to settle being an conventional entity.
In the world of digital era Netflix is playing a very important role. Today Netflix is a role model for many businesses and organisations. From 1997, when online streaming was not even popular to today. It’s sure that Netflix has struggled a lot but today Netflix has estimated revenue of US $ 25 billion and has more than 203.7 million subscribers ( as of Jan 2021 ).
Netflix’s core values comprise “judgment, communication, curiosity, courage, passion, selflessness, innovation, inclusion, integrity, and impact.” These values are integral to the smooth running of Netflix’s operations as they ensure all players remain focused on the major goals of the company. They can be explicated as follows:
In its processes, Netflix is critical in creating a working environment that not only leads to the production of the most sought-after content but also one that has attractive returns to the investors and the company. It stimulates this through values such as inclusivity, innovation, passion for the content, curiosity to do take constructive risks, and informed judgment. It also considers communication and the nerve to do the impossible as must-have skills for taking the company to the top. Together with the desire from every player to make a difference while doing the right things, Netflix believes that the company can have the impact it aims for in the sector.
- Affelt, A. (2011). Best Practices for Aligning the Mission and Marketing the Services of the Corporate Library. Best Practices for Corporate Libraries, 153-66.
- Ciejka, D. (2018). Worth Watching?: Assessing the Financial and Operational Health of Netflix.
- Ellis, K. (2015). Netflix closed captions offer an accessible model for the streaming video industry, but what about audio description?. Communication, Politics & Culture, 47(3), 3.
- Goffee, R., & Jones, G. (2015). Why should anyone work here?. What It Takes to Create an Authentic Organization.
- Grimes, M., Williams, T. A., & Zhao, E. Y. (2018). Anchors aweigh: The sources, variety, and challenges of mission drift. Academy of Management Review, (ja).
- Hawkins, D., & Fryling, T. (2017). Redefining transformation. People+ Strategy, 40(2), 46-51.
- Hoffman, M. B. (2007). The myth of factual innocence. Chi.-Kent L. Rev., 82, 663.
- Jenner, M. (2018). Netflix and the Re-invention of Television. Springer.
- Karnani, A. (2008). Essence of strategy: Controversial choices. In Learning and performance matter (pp. 101-116).
- Kato, N., Fadlullah, Z. M., Mao, B., Tang, F., Akashi, O., Inoue, T., & Mizutani, K. (2016). The deep learning vision for heterogeneous network traffic control: Proposal, challenges, and future perspective. IEEE wireless communications, 24(3), 146-153.
- Kosiarz, M. The specificity of online entertainment services. Case study: Netflix.
- Lobato, R. (2019). Netflix Nations: The Geography of Digital Distribution. NYU Press.
- Netflix – Overview.
- Onyusheva, I., & Seenalasataporn, T. (2018). Strategic analysis of global e-commerce and diversification technology: the case of Amazon. Com Inc. The EUrASEANs: Journal on global socio-economic dynamics, (1 (8)), 48-63.
- Perryman, K. (2014). Netflix.
- Radošinská, J. (2017). New trends in production and distribution of episodic television drama: brand marvel-Netflix in the post-television era. Communication Today, 8(1), 4-29.