Tesla is totally different from other companies, although many companies tried to devote themselves into sustainable energy and conservation of resources but Tesla is the one and only success we see in our world.
Tesla being an American electric vehicles and clean energy company has products that includes electric cars , battery energy storage, solar panels and other related services.
TESLA MISSION STATEMENT
A tesla mission statement is a what drives the company. It is a motivation not only for people benefitting from organization but also for the employees working at the ground level and at upper body.
It refers to the short term objective and clears understanding of where the firm is heading and what is the future of company and its stakeholders. Tesla’s mission statement is
” to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable transport.”TESLA MISSION STATEMENT
Tesla mission statement clarifies to accelerate the advent of sustainable transport and use of renewable resources by bringing compelling mass market electric cars to market as soon as possible. In order to reach this end goal Tesla is gaining immense popularity among buyers, electric car market is revived by one and only Tesla.
Tesla’ s mission statement can be interpreted with these points
- Accelerating Global transition
- Improving communities
- Exceeding expectations
TESLA VISION STATEMENT
A vision statement answer to the question where does the company see itself in the upcoming future. The vision statement focuses on two things one is the companies image second is its product.
Tesla visions to be the driver of the world’s transition from conventional fuel vehicle to electric vehicles.
Elon Musk ( CEO of Tesla/ Co-Founder ) gives vision Statement for Tesla as –
” Create the most compelling car company of the 21st century by driving the world’s transition to electric vehicles. “TESLA VISION STATEMENT
Tesla’s vision Statement seems to still focus on Car company while the mission statement has been shifted to sustainable energy development.
Tesla’s vision Statement can be broken down into following parts –
- Most compelling car company
- Transition to electric vehicle
It is the result of these two statements we see continuing dominance of Tesla in its car production and growth across the world. The company runs on its key principle that guides its internal practices which comes out as big successes and contribute its overall strength.
- Bartkus, B., Glassman, M., & McAFEE, B. R. U. C. E. (2006). Mission statement quality and financial performance. European Management Journal, 24(1), 86-94.
- Chen, Y., & Perez, Y. (2018). Business model design: lessons learned from Tesla Motors. In Towards a Sustainable Economy (pp. 53-69). Springer, Cham.
- Collins, J. C., & Porras, J. I. (1991). Organizational vision and visionary organizations. California management review, 34(1), 30-52.
- David, F. R., & David, F. R. (2003). It’s time to redraft your mission statement. Journal of Business Strategy, 24(1), 11-14.
- Dietz, B., Ahlert, K. H., Schuller, A., & Weinhardt, C. (2011, June). Economic benchmark of charging strategies for battery electric vehicles. In 2011 IEEE Trondheim PowerTech (pp. 1-8). IEEE.
- Domínguez, J. M., Crespo, A. J., & Gómez-Gesteira, M. (2013). Optimization strategies for CPU and GPU implementations of a smoothed particle hydrodynamics method. Computer Physics Communications, 184(3), 617-627.
- Eberhard, M., & Tarpenning, M. (2006). The 21 st century electric car tesla motors. Tesla Motors.
- Fleming, B. (2013). Electric vehicle collaboration-Toyota motor corporation and tesla motors [automotive electronics]. IEEE Vehicular Technology Magazine, 8(1), 4-9.
- Hardman, S., Shiu, E., & Steinberger-Wilckens, R. (2015). Changing the fate of Fuel Cell Vehicles: Can lessons be learnt from Tesla Motors? International journal of hydrogen energy, 40(4), 1625-1638.
- Karamitsios, A. (2013). Open innovation in EVs: A case study of Tesla Motors.
- Mangram, M. E. (2012). The globalization of Tesla Motors: a strategic marketing plan analysis. Journal of Strategic Marketing, 20(4), 289-312.
- Mazzucato, M. (2015). Building the entrepreneurial state: A new framework for envisioning and evaluating a mission-oriented public sector. Levy Economics Institute of Bard College Working Paper, (824).
- Motors, T. (2015). Tesla Model S. Palo Alto.
- Musk, E. (2013). The mission of Tesla. Tesla Blog.
- Romanin, V., Carey, V. P., & Norwood, Z. (2010, January). Strategies for performance enhancement of tesla turbines for combined heat and power applications. In ASME 2010 4th International Conference on Energy Sustainability (pp. 57-64). American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
- Stringham, E. P., Miller, J. K., & Clark, J. R. (2015). Overcoming barriers to entry in an established industry: Tesla Motors. California Management Review, 57(4), 85-103.
- Tesla – Home.